20 March 2009

Happiness

I had a conversion recently with a friend about the concept of happiness. It is quite difficult to define what it is. You know it when you have it. You enjoy it.
I figured there are things that make me have a particular feeling of well-being. this feeling, we shall call it happiness.

They can be
  • very small : like someone calling me to say : I just missed the tone of your voice,
  • touching : remembering how I take my coffee, or knowing what kinds of food I would or would not eat,
  • surprising : receiving a gift out of the blue, without any kind of events or expectations
  • tactile : a gentle squeeze of the hand, a touch on the arm, a kiss
  • endearing : seeing how happy your pet is to see you
  • giving a loved one a gift and seeing the smile or twinkle in their eyes
  • ...

The list can go on. I just figure one should just enjoy the simple moments in life, the simple joys, and the different miscellaneous events.

Happiness is easy, it's out there. Grab it. Don't put rules on it.

No comments: