12 April 2006

Robert Plant rocks

A couple of you guys asked me about the Robert Plant ticket… I did write about it twice (link) but never followed up on what happened… I never did find that ticket! And still can’t for that matter. Thankfully, a friend’s friend got sick and had to sell her ticket… So one person’s misery makes another’s happiness. I forked over more cash, but hey, it is not every day that one sees Robert Plant. And let’s face it, I am not taking any chances in Tunisia… Decent concerts are only every other (who knows how long)…

The entire event was fantastic. Had I known I could take pictures, I’d have brought my camera. In the states, it’s absolutely forbidden… I should have known that it was possible here though… In any case, I got there around 8pm or so, and caught a metal French band, Adagio. They are very heavy metal, so you could see a lot of teens banging their heads with the music and screaming the lyrics. It was frankly heart warming. I am a sucker for concerts and to see so many people completely involved is close to being enchanting.

Robert Plant came out around 10pm or so, and the man ROCKS. He’s truly fantastic. There’s no doubt when listening to him, how this man reached the status he has. The great thing is that he did not disappoint the spectators… This means that he played lots of Led Zeppelin songs. He did not do “Stairway to Heaven” or “Kashmir” (post Led Zeppelin but with Jimmy Page), but played Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop (from IV), Whole Lotta Love (II), and many more. I was so very intoxicated that I don’t really remember all of the LZ songs he played.

Since he started up a new group himself, he (of course and one should hope so) played a couple of the songs. The Led Zeppelin songs he performed were slightly different in their sound; he added a touch of his flavor, with a heavy dose of North African tone. I suppose that he’s still under the influence.

The thing lasted over an hour and a half, and made my week… I hope he comes back and takes us to the stairway to heaven…

5 comments:

running42k said...

Sounds pretty good.

Adrienne said...

I'm so glad you were able to get to the concert! It would have been a shame to miss such a great show - I wish I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

I saw him friday ... I also saw him saturday at sidi bou said. He was lucky, he took photos with me !

A. said...

Hey Jojo,

Led Zeppelin spent time in Morocco, and even recorded sessions there, with north african/oriental influences... That's where it comes from !

Thanks for your comments btw, I replied back !

Cheers
A.

Anonymous said...

Salut..
Desolé pour le message hors sujet:) mais la cause en vaut la peine (enfin.. Je l'espere :D )

En fait, en organise le 12 eme blog Meet Up à tunis ce samedi à Biwa vers 16h..
Il y aura plein de bloggeurs.. Et ça nous ferait plaisir que tu viennes..
Il y a plus de details sur mon blog ;) et n'hesites pas d'emmener tout les bloggeurs que tu connais avec toi ;)
On compte sur toi !!
A plouch .. On attend ton " Ok je viens sur mon blog:) )

PS : tu peux me contacter par mail si tu veux, je te donnerais plus de details Et Je pourrais t'indiquer le plan d'acces aussi ;)