24 July 2006

As the driver..

I've made new rules, and I will do my best to keep them. It is very clear that sometimes, parting ways is the only way, and the best way... So I am not forcing myself anymore into situations where I clearly am unhappy. That's pretty much the way it's going to be... It's not really "my way or the highway" but really "I've given it way too many chances, things are not working, I think I'm just gonna call it quits".

This will most definitely be applicable to all sides of my life, and again, with all these big decisions that I make/take once in a while, I have this enormous sense of relief. So that is that.

On a more sunny note, I finally will take a couple of days off this week. On a less sunny note, I got into a car accident today. What else? Lots of ups and downs these days, and I'm not sure anymore what direction to take.

People seriously need to get a grip here. It's unbelievable how childich they can be and how "sensitive" they are... or rather, they think they are taking the high road and doing their part in whatever, when in fact, all they want is to be able to say whatever the hell they want, for you to take it, and never ever say the same thing to them, because that would be "mean" to them.

The thing is, no matter how hard I try to keep my cool, I just always end up getting pissed. I don't know if I feel better really, but I get pissed, and in this country, one needs a lot of detachment (work, family) or ... or I don't know. Or you are pissed many times throughout the day like I am. The saying in Tunisia is "tirma berda" or "cold ass" (ass as in rear-end, not donkey)... So one needs to be a cool cold ass to make it... Still very much trying to do so.

Sigh...

6 comments:

Heliodore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heliodore said...

I'm sorry to read that you had a car accident. Hope that every thing is fine.

Smile ! You're in Tunisia :-)

running42k said...

Glad that you are fine from the accident.

Hope you can chill but still be true to yourself. Being robotic doesnt help.

Emre Saglam said...

Hey relax,
I hope everything is ok. The car is a car... Crashes happen. Your crash is not the first and last crash of the world :) So don't worry.

>Lots of ups and downs these days, and I'm not sure anymore what direction to take.

I'm sure you will take the up direction :)

At least you don't have a flower eating and than vomiting cat! Zipir says hello! Ooops he just threw up... NE iSTiYOOOSUUN ZIPIIR!

Anonymous said...

As i said in my previous comment, thank God you're fine!

Yeah, in Tunisia you get pissed off many times a day but just hold on to the rules you just decided to follow and try to take it easy as much as you can...

A. said...

Oups, I didn't read your blog for a while... I'm sorry to see that things were a bit hard on you ltely... I hope it is "were" and that everything is alright now !

Tun needs very solid nerves, I know what you feel...

be strong
A.