18 August 2006

Le sleepy... Le tired...

This past couple of days, I've been sleeping an average of 3 to 4 hours per night... I am a little tired... and I think I'll end up falling on my desk one of these days if I don't make up for this lost sleep... Lots of weddings and celebrations, and they are never-ending. I am very happy for all of those celebrating, but it would be really nice if they could arrange for things to be friday or saturday night.

The worst part of it is that I when I do get home, I can't seem to sleep quickly because I am so tired, so I read a bit, which does help. Currently I am reading "A History of the Devil", a very interesting book.

I've decided to get back to cooking a little more, I've not been doing a lot of it lately because I don't have time, and I really really miss it. Cooking and baking always make me happy, and the creative side in me comes out. So there. I'll start hunting for more recipes to try, like yesterday, even if I was dead tired and in dire need of napping, I baked my first ever fresh fig cake. It actually turned out pretty good..

All for now, struggling to be functional.

5 comments:

running42k said...

Glad you are going to get back to cooking. I find great joy in slicing onions and mincing garlic. Zen.

Grab a cup of coffee and I hope you get through the day.

Napo said...

quite the relaxed life for a married woman.

YASMINA said...

To avoid celebrations you have to spend the summer far from Tunisia!

Anonymous said...

You are right Jojo...summer is always full of celebrations...and even if you're not invited sometimes you can't avoid the party...and you don't sleep anyway...as if you were there...

Well actually...i don't complaint about parties...Cos weddings is supposed to happen once in a life time so i'm happy for all those who get married...hoping they live happily ever after...and also because fortunately i can sleep quite easily...

But it's also hard from to stay awake at work and it's terrible when you want to sleep right in the middle of a meeting with a cliet or with your boss and when i feel like sleeping...it's very hard for me to keep my eyes open.

Anonymous said...

about baking and cooking...i like that too...i love doing cookies, braownies and all kinds of cakes...my friends and family can tell you about that...so maybe we should gather one day and do something together...music food and why not a pyjama party!