22 August 2006

It continues...

Insomnia, that is... I am reaching a level where I think I will drop while walking... Not even time to nap as I decided like I wrote the other day to cook more. The only way I will cook is when people come over, otherwise I will have a yogurt or eat cheese or something... I rarely cook for myself. So I have been feeding many people lately and experimenting with recipes.

Those who know me know that one of my weaknesses is talking about food... If I find another foodie, I just can't stop myself. So here it goes (especially for running42k), something that I concocted yesterday:
Heat some oil with some sesame seeds
Sauté 2 diced onions
Once the onions are cooked through and translucent, layer thinly cut meat (half of the palm of your hand, with thickness 1 to 2 cm)
Sprinkle the meat with sugar (yes sugar, trust me - really ;))
Turn over the meat once the meat changes color
Sprinkle with soy sauce
Cook for a couple of minutes
In the meantime, blanche some green beans (either fresh or frozen) for a couple of minutes (this means cooking them in boiling water for a minute than putting them in ice cold water - to stop the cooking)
Dump the beans on the meat.
Sprinkle with more soy sauce
Add about 1 Tbs of mince garlic, cook a couple more minutes
Before serving, sprinkle more soy sauce and some sesame seeds.
Serve with jasmine or basmati rice...

Ok, now I am hungry.

4 comments:

running42k said...

That sounds good. My mouth is watering.

Isn't insomnia a bitch. I have had a bit this week.

Heliodore said...

Tu me donnes vraiment faim.

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll manage to sleep and rest soon...

your recepe sounds real good! i don't cook much also...i may just try yours when i have some time!

Anonymous said...

Lis mon article sur "Restaurant Bresilien" ! Ca te donnera des idées :-)