07 October 2006

Book talk

I realized the other day that I had the gift of free time and especially, mental tranquility. My mind is at peace (besides the occasional panic attack about getting a job): I sleep well, I actually have interesting dreams, and overall, I do feel good.

I have used this free time to read, on average, a book every 3 days, alternating between English and French. I have thankfully quite a lot to choose from, so I don't even need to leave my place to replenish my stock (but at this rate, I might have to visit a bookstore soon). The 2 latest books I've read are "Nice Work" by David Lodge, and "Le hamac rouge" by Jean-Luc Payen. I have now started "Adam's curse" by Bryan Sykes. I tried reading something more serious, but I can't seem to concentrate. My book on "A History of God" by Karen Armstron and "Le livre de la méditation" by Al Ghazali are still at page 20 or so. I miss watching movies (since TPS is gone again) and since I've pretty much exhasuted whatever my local DVD rental dude has.

I am also taking advantage of the various cultural events that are currently ongoing in Tunis (isn't it bad that they are ALL taking place in one month? Couldn't they just spread them throughout the year a little more?) and enjoying different types of music and started of with an event at Dar Husseïn, with a Russian troupe Premiera, directed by Igor Dronov... I hope I will get to see other interesting things in the days to come.

3 comments:

Heliodore said...

Pour les festivités, en plus, tout est concentré à Tunis. Presque rien dans les autres grandes villes.

Anonymous said...

I've been also reading more than usual...hope the day you decide to check out a bookstore we could do that together...

so tell us more about your dreams...do you remember them...

by the way, since i'm here this week still, hope we could go out finally

Anonymous said...

jE REDéCOUVRE TON bLOG,
AVEC GRAND PLAISIR!

J'y reviendrai...