12 October 2006

Some lessons learned...

I turned 30 not so long ago, and one of my friends asked me about the 3 past decades of my life: lessons learned, thoughts, etc... I think (given my nature) that I need to think about it more... After all, I am starting a new decade in my life, and there's no point making the same mistakes... Here are however a couple of things I discovered/learned:

- people say and do different things
- a good cure to insomnia is sex
- roses only last an average of 5 days
- often putting your foot down is the best thing you can do
- all parents are the same, no matter the culture
- a car is just a car, some are very nice, but in the end, it takes you from one place to the other
- finally knowing the direction you need to take in life is a great feeling
- doing manual things relaxes me the most
- reading is essential
- dry skin seems to be forever
- deep down I long for a more rural life
- cats fart
- being a readhead all your childhood and teenage years does not guarantee that you will keep the same shade of redheadedness once you are an adult (sigh)
- you can never have enough underwear
- The power of boobs is universal
- It's not a good idea to mix drinks
- I fear cockroaches (to a ridiculous point)
- Not all babies are cute
- One of the best motos in life is "fuck it"

More to come later...

6 comments:

Heliodore said...

Il te reste encore beaucoup beaucoup et encore beaucoup d'années pour apprendre encore et encore !

Adrienne said...

I'm sure if someone had told you these things ten years ago you would not have quite believed them. The important lessons in life have to be learned through experience, which certainly gets exhausting!

Emre Saglam said...

I forgot your birthday as usual :P So happy belated birthday!
Here are some more facts I learned during my 30+ years:
- The world's history is written by Western civilizations, anything not written by Europe or US is a lie and deception.
- I cannot focus on anything after the age of 30.
- Your body starts to deteriorate after 25-30.
- Everybody around you, except a few, talks good to your face and bad behind you.
- Life is a big kahuna of stupid, society driven, unnecessary responsibilities that we all create just to have a more miserable life. (For example parking meters...)
- Most of the time women and men think TOTALLY different.
- Cats can cost you thousands of dollars.
- Cats can shed, and you can easily make another cat(s) from the hair that vacuum cleaner collects every week.
- Eggplant is not so bad.
- Cholesterol comes from your family and not so much from the food that you consume.

Some responses to your learned facts :)
- A good cure to insomnia is to sleep.
- Roses are ugly.
- putting your foot down doing 80 km/h on the motorcycle is not good :D
- A car is not a tool to take your from point A to point B, the car is THE POINT.
- Cats DO FART!
- You fear cockroaches hahahah

psynaj said...

inchallah aidkom mabrouk
snin daima

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharins with us some lessons and your discoveries!

no matter how many decades you live, all i hope is that you're happy and that you enjoy your life!

write you later!kiss

Anonymous said...

"reading is essential, and venting is vital"
Jojo 2006