18 January 2007

Slacking

I know, sadly for myself, that I am not the most organized person. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'd rather (almost always) do something else. This organization (or lack of it) touches many aspects of my life... I make lists, I write down the things that I should do daily, weekly, or monthly. I do do these things for a while, and then... then I don't. I am not sure if this is due to a lack of motivation, if I'd just rather lay down and watch James Bond, or what... I don't know, and I seriously would like to change this.

There's always this conflict in the morning: sleep 10 more minutes or make my bed/wash yesterday's dishes/etc... The conflict at night after getting home after work: tidying up a little, doing the little house chores, washing the dishes that I did not wash in the morning, ... or... or ordering a pizza, having something fresh to drink, putting my feet on the table and watching some movie.

The conflict is always between what I'd really like to do and what I should be doing. And after a couple of days of doing what I want to be doing (which means slacking), I get fed up of the mess, and clean.... Because I hate living in a mess... I know it's a contradiction, but that's how it is, and I am desperately (well... it's all relative you know...) trying to find a solution to this...

Any Advice?

6 comments:

TuNiSiaNo said...

A maid

Sleeplessjojo said...

It's not just about the cleaning. It's also about keeping track of my finances, exercising... pretty much everything... It seems that I do things in waves, and I'd like to avoid this... Thanks though for the comment :)

Emre Saglam said...

Yeah I have a great advice for you.
The solution to all is this book.

Seriously. It's a book by David Allen. The book name is Getting Things Done.

Normally I don't like self improvement books and I find them stupid, boring and ugly. Most of them suggests you to change yourself and become another person... Which I think it's nonsense.

This book is totally different. It approaches to the productivity problems without changing your life. (much) And its solutions are very geek friendly.

Make a search online for Getting Things Done (or simply GTD) you'll find that a lot of people likes it. ;)

TuNiSiaNo said...

girl you need a whole team
like a personal trainer, a maid, a majordome,a gardener, someone to rub your back under the shower
seriously procrastination is ok from time to time

Anonymous said...

JoJo JoJo JoJo, I'm soooooo like you girrrllll ... I always fix goals and say that I'm gonna do this and this and that and ... pshshshshshsh, I do none of it!!! It's definitely a lack of organization due to a lack of motivation or due to laziness (talking about my case here) ...

I lack of motivation when I am not in the mood ... when I feel down ...

and I get lazy when I'm distracted. for instance, when I'm thinking about someone, let's say a prospective BF (hehehehehe), I will be like completely spacey, staring at the ceiling and imagining ...

And I can never be in a "neutral" mood, so I will never be organized :):) I'm a libra but my scale is never balanced :):)

By the way, I was not referring to being unorganized when it comes to errands, or chores or anything like that ... You know me girl and you know that I got a lawyer and a manager An agent and a chef Three nannies, an assistant And a driver and a jet A trainer and a butler And a bodyguard or five A gardener and a stylist. Do you think I'm satisfied? <--- I JUST LOVE THIS SONG :):)

Conclusion: "wassaâ dammik and barrid balik"

kiss kiss

Anonymous said...

I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos.. Especially activities that seem to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom ... Rather than trying to make your everyday's life looking like a military school, breake rules !! If you try to live with an organized schedule, you won't feel fresh, you won't feel independant, you't have the necessary ingredients to write any damn thing on this lovely blog :-P
So please, just be yourself and try to manage it !