09 January 2007

Taking the high road

And then I am back, from outer space...

Damnnnn it's been too long. I had missed writing dearly, and I find myself starting little text files at work and at home and never publishing anything... Anyways, there is so much to do and say that I am not sure I can even go that far back (perhaps there is no point anyways)...

I actually have been thinking about the concept of taking the high road and choosing the right path (in a way). It is of course morally righ to do the right thing. It is advisable, it is better, it is the way to be as a "good" and "decent" human being.

However... Does it pay to be the one always taking the high road and doing what is right?

Ok, so I am saying things in which I am not totally convinced myself. But bare with me... listen to what I have to say.... One example, one very simple example that we all encounter in our everyday life: traffic/driving. Frankly, no matter what, I will respect the traffic laws, always use my blinker, and never switch lanes like a mad person whose ass is on fire.

I decided to stick (most times) to the right-most lane, and just cruise comfortably... I observe people around, and sometimes it's just painful. If you are the person that will queue, you will see some dumb f*ck come on the right most lane (the one reserved for emergencies) or the left most lane (the one that is turning left) and cutting the people in front in order to go first. They are behaving like stupid cows, but they get to go first.

This is just an example... But every day we are faced with these situations: having to invite someone because you ought to, having to go somewhere, having to spend time with x or z, having to pay some bills, having to forego something because... There always seems to be a "because you are a better person and it is your 'duty'" type of sentence attached.

Well... F*ck that shit. I am getting tired of this. Why on earth should some go by life living however way they like and me having to take into account all these factors that might or might not affect them? Why is it that some people always have to think of others. It is true that inviting one more person to a party won't hurt, or you giving your turn one time or whatever...

Anyways, I still am not sure what I will do, but I am getting tired of this...

1 comment:

Houeida said...

Fuck that shit squarred! :)