26 February 2007

Prevaricating

As time goes by, I find it pointless to deny certain truths about myself. I am what I am, and although sometimes I forget about it a little bit, I find that revealing some things are just ... well... a huge relief. Sometimes, the truths are there but it takes someone else, someone new to force you to realize them.

So there, I am what I am: a dark chocolate eater, a non-smoker (here that Heliodore? my high is natural!), a non-fighter, an Aikido student, a movie watcher, a pastry-maker, a lover, a cat fiend, an avid reader, a game enthusiast, a friend, a pragmatist, an eternal learner, a devil worshipper (just kidding... making sure you were still reading :)), but also an existentialist... I am a person who wants to just be, enjoys the occasional twix (thanks! You know who you are), loves pasta, relishes a pointless debate about anything, a seeker of truth, and did I say I loved chocolate?

Anyways... The point is: know thyself.

And for those lazy asses who are just going to wonder why prevaricating is without looking it up:
From Merriam-Webster: Etymology: Latin praevaricatus, past participle of praevaricari to act in collusion, literally, to straddle, from prae- + varicare to straddle, from varus bowlegged: to deviate from the truth : EQUIVOCATE, synonym see LIE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heliodore est beau, intelligent, et modeste.
En bref, he is ze best.

Anonymous said...

Je viens de remarquer que tu as ajouter "really" !!!
Ca veut tout dire :-)

Bachbouch said...

How big is the Tunisian community in DC? My job is transferring me to our DC office from San Francisco and I am wondering if there are cool Tunisian people to hang out with...

Anonymous said...

actionscripter!!!!

I left my heart in San Francisco ... yaaaa hassraaaa :(

Bachbouch said...

Really? Are you that in love with SF? I actually moved here two years ago from Long Beach California and I still think that I shouldn't have made the move... I am not sure how picky are you with weather but we don't have summer here, it is cold all year long... Anyway, when you have time between your job and blogging shoot me an email at " b o u g u e r r a @ g m a i l . com" just remove all the spaces. I did that to not get caught by spam crawlers.

Sleeplessjojo said...

Hi actionscripter... I actually used to live in DC (sigh...) but have moved back to Tunis over 1.5 years ago. I spent 13 years in DC, and I can tell you that the community is small. I had many friends from all over and frankly it was a very rich experience... Good luck with your move and meeting new friends