08 February 2006

still waiting...

Nothing much going on, still waiting to hear news about my car... Checking for delays, production dates, etc... So I guess I am a bit antsy about it because I want to get it out of the way and drive my 16 inch alloy wheels...

On another note, an interesting quote from Heart Seizure:
"He had once said, "Look. If you're wealthy when a candidate takes office, you'll be wealthy when a candidate leaves office, assuming you don't lose money yourself. Conversely, if you're poor when a candidate takes office, then, absent your own efforts to improve your position, you'll be poor when that candidate leaves office. We politicians might make it slightly easier or a little more difficult to improve your net worth, but most of the work is up to the people" (page 188).

This is interesting in itself as people always vote for this or that issue, and always think in the end about their pocketbook... Few vote on issues, and issues in and of themselves cannot be the only drive you have to vote for a candidate. You cannot just look at one thing and vote for this or that candidate because in the end you are limiting yourself... At the same time, politicians won't make you wealthier, it is up to you to suck it up, buckle up, and just do it (work that is ;)

3 comments:

running42k said...

I vote on issues. The environment. Problem is this issue seems to have been ignored by a great number of my countrymen and women.

TuNiSiaNo said...

I never voted, and I'm probably never going to.
As you said only I can make myself wealthier.

Emre Saglam said...

16 inch rims :) You need bigger better rims ;) So that potholes can claim your money!