16 June 2006

But wwwwhhhhhyyyyy???

I've gotten back to reading more about Socrates (his life, his teaching) and I find this man to be interesting. I've to say that I very much like his way and that questionning everything all the time is a healthy attitude in life.

I know that I would go nuts if I could not question as much as I do right now. I am often told that I ask too many questions and that I wondered too much. I don't see how anyone could live without questioning everything or without that sense of wonder that we have as kids. Why do we lose it? Why do we stop asking questions about the stars, radio waves, and wind directions? Do we really know all that stuff, think we know it, or just stop caring? Take all for granted?

Anyways... I was just wondering :) Considering, that uhum, one of my guitar strings broke, so I have more time to wonder until I fix it.

On a more personal note : the cat is still sneezing and seems to enjoy my playing the guitar. She just sits and stairs and occasionally jumps on the dangling extra string... Thinking of expanding my horizons and taking sculpture classes. Recommendations anyone?

3 comments:

Mathieu said...

Hey, I'd say karate. But I'm already sold...

keep it up!

A. said...

I was hoping when I read your post title on tn-blogs to find you talking about Burat... you know the character of the AliG show !!???

He has this line when asking stupid questions, Whyyyy, but whyyyy ??? He is simply hilarious ! can't say the same about Socrates... did u read my post about socrates !? here it is:

http://anisb.nomadlife.org/2005/10/fools-or-heroes.aspx

Cheers
A.

Sleeplessjojo said...

hi anis... he was my inspiration actually! i am currently trying to put my hands on new episodes here... thanks for the comment and the link to your post... a bientot!