19 June 2006

Hot and sweaty...

I was having a bit of insomnia the other night and I was watching, for once, television. There was a show that I started watching because they were talking about a book, Passions animales, and sex is always more interesting than some shooting spree in some dumbass movie.

So the guy was talking about his book and of course the different mating rituatls of animals, and the different techniques that male had to ensure that either the female will "retain" his sperm or that he'd be the only male to mate with her (hence of course ensuring that the pups are his). Some creature (I forgot what) apparently leaves his penis inside the female to close her up. A bit gross and poor little guy. One shot and he's out. The author (Frédéric Lewino) finally talked about the human animal and how basically what stopped us from doing a lot of things, was basically our created Taboos.

We have taboos to "regulate" our sexual lives and apetites and to somewhat keep us in line with monogamy and life as most of us knows it. Of course taboos differ from one culture to the other. I remember in my anthropology class some tribe in Asia where the woman marries the guy and his brothers, basically to take care of them. I forgot how the sex works out, but the woman could always get some, and I am sure that she could always find one who's not tired. The kids issue is resolved in a way because they are all brothers and so, sort of all theirs.

I've talked before about sexual morality, and the hypocritical mating rules that we have. I wonder how things will be in the future and one day the concept of "swinging" would become an accepted concept in our society. Perhaps a bit difficult, perhaps in 2 or 3 generations.

Don't take me wrong, I am not advocating open fornication. I am just saying, males or females should be allowed to do whatever they want without any judgement based on gender.

And to think that bees and ants have a queen that rules them all... I wonder what we human females need to do to gain such power...

No comments: