17 May 2006

Why bitching does not work...

I was thinking about the different ways we interact, and the general ease for everyone to bitch. Now, I know it's an artform in itself that is elevated by some to great heights. But I am talking not about the manipulating-bitching, I am talking about the whining-bitching... The spoiled child bitching... The I-dont-wannna bitching... You know what I'm talking about.

Well, I admit I've been doing that a little bit this past couple of days. Then I realized that I was behaving like a stupid child and snapped out of it. In fact, it was a conversation that I had with a friend that made me realize that I was in a way just... how can I say this? I was just throwing in the gloves... that I was in a way giving up or in to various things. I've been capable most of my life to see the silver lining, to pick up and just conquer whatever needs to be conquered.

The point is this: no point in bitching when you don't want to do anything about it. Either you accept the situation as it is (which is a huge No-No for me) or DO something about it. My whining about why life sucked or why I was having a hard time getting used to life here is not getting my anywhere. It will only strenghthen the fact that I feel a malaise, that I am not feelign 100% good. So really, there's no constructive point in looking at things from the wrong angle, no point in sitting and just feeling miserable.

Change always sucks and is always difficult. But I have to make the most of it. The best of it. I have to see all of the different nasty moments as a learning experience. Heck, life is an experience in itself... I have to keep in mind the thirld-worldist mentality that I keep on encountering. I have to think of some as kids despite their age.

Sooo I will stop the bitching.

So friend, thanks. I needed the wake up call.

3 comments:

A. said...

Reintegration is always difficult... you got used to a different mindset, a different way of life and different standards...

Now as Soul II soul say it: back to life, back to reality... You have to find your balance... Réapprendre à vivre (en Tunisie)

good luck for that... wish u all the best
A.

Mathieu said...

Agreed.

Action is the key.

Heliodore said...

Laid Back
"White horse"
(Tim Stahl/John Guldberg)

If you wanna ride
Don´t ride the white horse
If you wanna ride
Don´t ride the white horse
White horse
Don´t ride the white horse
White horse
Don´t ride the white horse.

If you wanna be rich
You got to be a bitch
You got to be a bitch
I said rich, rich you bitch

If you wanna ride
Ride the white pony
Ride, ride the white pony
White pony, white pony