23 January 2006

How do you manage disappointment

The questions must be because of my reading (Socrates)... but seriously... How do you manage disappointment... Do you scream at the person? Do you scream in general (at anyone to get it off your chest)? Do you accept it as is and try to manage the situation the best way you can? Do you try and be rational about it? I know we all each behave differently and that we function differently, and that is why we behave differently.

Personally, I am trying to take a more "zen" attitude about disappointment and not be angry. I am trying to manage them as best as I can. You know, realize that there is no point, and that one must deal with the situation present, learn from whatever happened and move on.

I think that more and more I am forcing myself not to be or get angry... It's not healthy and it's not good.


How do you deal with disappointment?

2 comments:

Napo said...

Now this is good topic (ur topics are top-notch anyway). Well, let's analyze disappointment, it usually occurs when you expect something that didnt happen or happened but not up to ur standards/expectations. Easy way to fix it it to lower ur expectations but to what minimum without triggering outrage and anger?
If something is not right yet very obvious, I would complain about it only If someone out there will listen AND/OR will do something about it, at least listening would be enough! this way, my conscience won't hurt knowing that i didnt do anything to fix an existing problem.
I think Time will make disappointments less and less common. they will fade away or become an acceptable reality.

TuNiSiaNo said...

I used to get angry easily but now i try to understand the situation or the person.
Which does not mean that i don't get upset anymore.
In fact i guess it's about not over/under-reacting but more like having the appropriate behavior... which depend of the situation.