14 January 2006

what is insanity?

Insanity is very relative.

I think that is the first thing one must realize... Weren't once prophets and messengers called insane for the ideas or the things they said? Can a person be called insane simply because the person is seemingly going against logic? (which leads me to ask you this: isn't logic in itself sometimes relative?) Does insanity mean going against going the flow, society? Isn't insanity necessary to be creative sometimes?

I am delving a little bit into this topic of sorts in order to better understand my need to understand... Sounds a bit weird, I know. What I mean is that I noticed lately a need to explain everything, and sometimes, things just cannot be explained... One must realize that.

I confess that reading Socrates Café: A Fresh Taste of Philosophy, is leading me to ask even more questions about myself and others in general... I think I need to mix a bit my reading or all these questions (because really, one leads to many, and the loop does not end)... so I will start my newly acquired Heart Seizure by Bill Fitzhugh (Thanks Dad!) and try to keep my sanity...

By the way, if anyone out there around Tunis knows of a place where I can learn ceramics (the wheel technique) and all that stuff, please let me know ;) I am looking for a class to take on evenings or weekends...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Blogs are the way the world learns geography."

-- Samarra Semanczyk (1984-)

Zizou From Djerba said...

Hey you !
I really like your blog even If I prefer the old template !
Anyway, I think that le Cercle Italien provides some training in Ceramics. I will check it out if it is still going on !
Le cercle italien is in Avenue de la Liberté

Zizou From Djerba said...

Actually I have the same template as you ! I don't like mine either ... Don't get me wrong !